Dave's Picks 24

Berkeley Community Theater
August 25, 1972

What a nice release. Personally, I think the 24th is better but this will be a great release... never can go wrong with new unheard music from 1972
*We’ll get the missing 12 minutes of Other One and the rest of the show that hasn’t been heard...
(12 min Other One -> Stella, OMSN & Sugar Mags)

Set 1
Cold Rain And Snow
Black Throated Wind
He’s Gone
Beat It On Down The Line
Loser
The Frozen Logger
El Paso
Black Peter
Jack Straw
Friend Of The Devil
The Promised Land
Bird Song
Playing In The Band
Bertha

Set 2
Truckin’ ->
Jam ->
The Other One ->
Jam ->
Stella Blue 
One More Sat Night 
Sugar Magnolia

Go check out dead.net to order (will sell out quickly)

128x128otherone
I just got my copy yesterday  -  had a real tough day at work and then proceeded to get in the right frame of mind. I was rewarded with an absolutely smoking version of ; Cold Rain and Snow. This era of the Dead is my personal favorite but sad that there was no Pig Pen in the line up but Jerry's guitar work which I think is through ; Alligator is just plain  Sweetness . Enjoy     
Agreed garebear.  This one is special.  I put in disc one last night only planning to listen to 2-3 tracks but ended up playing all of disc one.  Sound quality is fantastic but the real treat is the performance.  Tonight I will also get in the right frame of mind and play the rest of the show, LOUD!   
So true guys... going thru the 2nd listen today.  Very good stuff within...
Frozen Logger is a gem.
Just ordered 24 from ebay so really excited to hear it. I like the early 70’s era. Also signed up for the 2018 subscription this week through dead.net so looking forward to some good stuff next year. Poking around on amazon, I was shocked to see what Winterland 1973 is going for - glad I have that already.  I appreciate reading you all's comments and feedback on the SQ and music, which helped my buying decision.
Has anyone else noticed how "off" Jerry is on this release?
He vocally stumbles through several of the songs and his guitar playing is not up to par from most everything I've heard from '72.
Disc one is amazing so maybe the drugs were kicking in as the show progressed.