Dartzeel CTH-8550

I'm wondering if there are fox out there with this amplifier. I recently purchased this new integrated Dartzeel CTH-8550 (could not afford the separates). From the first minute this amplifier was connected to my Avalon Indra the sound was nothing short of stunning. This amplifier, has the same magic of the separates, as it is really sounds like nothing. It is the most natural sounding amplifier I've ever owned, and I've owned many including Pass 350.5, MBL 9008, Boulder 2000s, Lamm and others.
What is your experience?

Thanks,

Roy
roy_tirosh

Showing 3 responses by 4425

I've had one for a month now and can positively state that it's an awesome unit replacing and compared to other very expensive US gear. The sound and ergonomics are top of the class. I have a pair of Mini-Exquisites and couldn't be more satisfied with the combo.I clearly understand that the price leads many to be biased against the unit because "it's only an integrated amp" but if you can afford the unit and are open minded you'll discover the beauty of Herve's design. I'm keeping mine a very long time.
Well interesting comments but the one by Rossman flies in the face of recent show reports(including CES 2009) where more than one writer identified the system with this integrated driving it as stunning. Who to believe? My guess is that it's a product that sounds great but because of its cost some will be quick to criticize.Time will tell.
Nyctc7: How much did WP like it? What measurements did JA not like? Just curious.