Dartzeel 108 amp driving Wilson Watt/Puppy 8

Hi, have anyone heard the above system combination.
My WP8 are currently driven by Krell 700cx. Thinking of changing amp to a Dartzeel or Audio Research Ref series. Have heard the Dartzeel(not with WP8) and was impressed by its superb clarity and portrayal of harmonic texture. Only reservation - 100w/c may not have control over WP8s' bass.
arwp

Showing 2 responses by cincy_bob

Arwp, the answer to your question is yes. The darTZeel amp had no problem in driving the mid and low bass frequencies. The bass was tight, fast, and punchy.
I drove a pair of WATT Puppy 7s with my darTZeel amp for about five month last year while I was waiting in queue for the arrival of my Evolution Acoustics MMTwos. The darTZeel amp had PLENTY of power to drive the W/P 7s to very high SPLs in my situation. My listening room at that time was medium-sized with large doorway openings into a fairly open floor plan, so it takes a lot of SPL output to fill the space. There was absolutely no problem with woofer control.

Don't let the 100wpc specification on the darTZeel amplifier fool you. If I recall correctly, Atkinson measured the amp at 230wpc into 4 ohms.