Dan D'Agostino Helius dual monoblocks, 1500w @ 8ohms

Rated at 1500W/8 ohm - 20 000 W /1ohm. Heavy league 350 kgs with the price of $250.000. And around 30 of them sold already !!!!!!!!

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/09/dan-dagostino-helius-dual-monoblock-new.html

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
My Dennis Had amp is hand made and cost 1200 bucks used (it was new less than 6 months before I bought it). I realize it's somewhat less that 1500 watts (around a thousand times less actually) but serves to make the point that not all great sounding things are expensive.
Frustee, Dan disn't design every amp at Krell. There's more than one engineer there.
The good folks at McIntosh build the MC 2KW amps with nearly the exact same aproach of one chassis for negative, one for positive and one for the power supply.  Not 800 lbs or 250k but still impressive in the approach.

I used to think Krell was so awesome, and I had a Krell amp for over a decade.  But I'm over it.  The truth is, Dan D'Agostino is not in the top tier of amp designers-- he's no Nelson Pass or John Curl.   It's all about more more more and overkill.  His latest creations are the Bugatti Veyron of amps (and that's not a compliment).  And here's the sad economic reality:  a Wall Street hedge fund tricked him and pushed him out of Krell when it was in desperate shape financially, so now he's selling stuff at crazy prices to try to rebuild his fortune at a late stage in life.

Stick with Pass and Curl for the best sound.    D'Agostino and all the Swiss companies are just aiming for people who piss money away.