Dallas (Fort Worth) Audiophile Club - we meet every month or every other month

I run an audiophile group in DFW, we call ourselves DFW audiophile club aka DFWAC.  

We have 6 core members who make it to every meet, we have 4-5 others who cycle in and out.

We just met and had a great time, we listened to a pair of Wilson Alexandria X2S2, Boulder 3060 amp, Boulder 2110 preamp, DCS Vivaldi full stack including DAC/upsampler/clock/transport, with dual JL Audio F113 subs, and full Transparent Magnum Opus speaker wire and interconnects and Tara Labs power cables.

We usually meet once a month or every other month, we usually meet on a Wednesday at 6p, then dinner at 8p, hang out until about 11p.

It's a great group, we have become friends. We have been meeting for about a year.

PM me if you want to join or show off your system.
joey_v

Joey,

You are also looking at a person who owns such vintage receivers like the "silver face" Pioneer of the 70's and early 80's SX1250, SX3900, SX3800 to name a few.

Right now with so many pairs of speakers that are now 20-30 year of age, it's time for a restro-mod of the speakers beyond just recaps. Hopefully, using, SoundEasy and OmniMic will help lead the way to better speaker rebuilds.

So, how many club members rebuild their amps/preamps, receivers, and speakers? 

What type of format is the club? Any system presentations to club members?

Hello Kevin

I would say that we try to meet every other month, we usually meet at someone's place and listen for a couple hours and then go to dinner after so we can have a conversation. 

We don't have manufacturers present and it's not particularly formal. 

Just a fun time. 

Joey

Ok Joey,

Thanks for the info.

So when and where will the next club meeting be at?

Kevin