Dali MKII 800: what amp / cables should I use?

What amp should I pair with my Dali MKII 800 speakers, and Audible Illusions MODULUS 3A (tube pre-amp)? I was told that tubes are the best for the detailed/clear sounding Dali's, but SS are better for the wattage/bass. My budget for the amp is around $3-5k (2nd hand market). How much wattage should I use given the 4ohms?

Also, what cables (power, speakers, I/C, etc.) should I use? Please name brand and model numbers so I can start my research! Thanks!!
broken
Nice speakers! I heard them in a Cary room at one of the shows a couple years ago with the SLP 05, CAD 120S and 306 Pro. Really a nice sound in this room. Not "Hi-Fi" at all. Nothing stood out. I just wanted to listen. I don't recall the cabling setup. They (Cary) have a MkII of the 120S now; but I haven't heard it. I do know you'll want to set money aside to upgrade the tubes. The Cary KT88 amps LOVE the Genelex Gold Lion reissues.
I'm not familiar with your preamp; but the Cary gear was run balanced from source to sound, and those speakers were loving it.
Checkout:

McIntosh MC275 Tube
McIntosh MC401 Solid State
Manley Laboratories Snapper monoblocks Tube amp
any other comments? What about BAT vs. ARC? BAT 75SE? Anyone have experience with tube amps designed else where but coming from China (PrimaLuna, Vincent)? Comments!!???
I have my Dali Helicon 800 MkII's connected to a BAT VK300SE Intergrated Amp and the midrange makes my friend with a Mac MC252 powering B&W802D's more than envious. With your budget you can easily target the BAT VK75SE (tube) or perhaps a VK250 or VK255 with Bat Pack amps (Solis State). I find the bottom end tight and plentiful in my 20 X 35 room, and the highs are to die for, Bottom line BAT & Dali make for a nice match IMHO. Best of luck... and please let us know what you ultimately decide.
Broken wrote: Hi thanks for your thread. You mentioned that I should look at the 75se or 220/250 ss. If you were I I assume you would go for the tubes? Correct? I hears these are pretty high cost in maintenance... Comments?

The BAK Integrated is a SS amp coupled with a tubed gain stage pre-amp. The 6H30DR tubes (super tubes) are somewhat pricey ranging from $250/pair here on the 'gon, and upwards of $360/pair at tube stores. With a lifespan of 10,000 hours the cost is not so bad. Alternatively, ther are non DR versions of the 6H30 that retail for $25-$30 per tube.

I've not heard BAT Tube amps, so I can not in good faith make a recommendation on preference between their amps. A common theme often mentioned is that BAT ss amps sound more like tubes, and their tube amps sound somewhat ss like. There tube preamp reviews are genreally most favorable. Please let us know what you ultimately decide.