Dali Helicon 300 + Rel Stadium 3 or Euphonia MS 4?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here.

My current system consists of Dali Helicon 300 (mk I) with the original stands, and musical fidelity A5 amp and CD player. I have a relatively large listen room (l x w x h: 5.21 x 4.57 x2.46 ft; 5.7 x 5.0 x 2.7 meters) and I listen to all kinds of music (from Diana Krall to Metallica).

Basically, I can either buy the rel stadium III (new) for a bit less then 2000 euros or exchange my current speakers plus 3000 euros for the MS4 (new).

There is also a third option which I did not discussed yet in details with my dealer. That is to buy a rel stentor 3 (demo model from 2005) for about 2500-2750 euros.

What would you do In my place and why?

I thank you in advance.
Nvp
nvp

Showing 3 responses by stanwal

I use a Stadium 3 on one channel and a Stadium 2 on the other and they are very good. But the main question should be how do you feel about the speakers yourself? No one can advise you concerning what type of sound you will like. I would guess that most of us will have definite ideas about which WE would like but we all hear different things. A good way to make a choice is to make a list of what you think are the advantages of each system and try to decide which ones are the most importain to you. I would not worry about buying used; I bought both of mine that way.
I haven't used the Studio or Stentor but I would not hesitate to use them with smaller speakers. I almost bought an older Stentor instead of my Stadium 2 but bought the Stadium because it is lighter and I am in my late 60s. But my Stadium 3 is as heavy as the older Stentor and I can handle it so if I had it to do over again I would have got the Stentor. I bought both of mine without seeing them and am happy with them. I bought a new cord from Signal Cable for the first one which didn't have one and it is much heavier than the regular REL Speakon cable. I have just had the second one a few weeks so haven't had a chance to see if it makes a sonic difference.
I have found the Musical Fidelity equipment to be good, I use the TriVista 21 decoder and the NuVista M3 amp.