DAC/w Volume control + Power amp or DAC + Integrated?

Doing lots of research for complete new set up from the scratch but very confused about DAC /w volume control section. 
Does the Volume control mean actually a preamp section? So a DAC + Preamp all-in-one box? 
Or are there any DAC with pure simple volume control knob exist? 

One of the systems I am eyeing on is LTA Ultralinear power amp. Source is digital only (Qobuz, local files network streaming via Chromecast audio to DAC via optical, for now) so I may not need separate Pre-amplifier. 

There are couple of options.
1) DAC /w built in volume control + UL Power amp
2) pure DAC + Standalone Volume controller + UL Power amp
3) pure DAC + UL integrated amplifier

Which one is the best setup SQ wise? Or Cost-Performance?

Built in volume control affects sound quality of the DAC? 

Is UL Integrated inferior to power amp by a margin?

I would like to go simple as possible because of limited funds (DAC & Amp for < $9k) so assume that going from DAC to Power amp directly is the way to go. All used gear will be more than welcome.

Regards

Arron

czar2000
Looks like an Integrated amp is the answer.
I will need more money, Or get the less expensive amp.

Some integrated amps have passive preamp section and some active. It is probably next to impossible to know which one, other things being about equal, will sound better. Maybe not better/worse but different. It might sound fuller with active preamp but more transparent with passive.
czar2000 OP13 posts03-02-2021 10:16amLooks like an Integrated amp is the answer.
I will need more money, Or get the less expensive amp.
Spend the same money on just a power amp, and you'll get a much better amp for the same price.
Feed it from the Schiit Sys.
And choose one of the 3 fixed output voltages of your Qutest.

Result will be bliss compered to an integrated. 

Cheers George  
czar/arron

do you need remote control for volume?

what are the speakers you plan to drive?
No question about it if, the integrated amplifier has a true active class A 
preamplifier section such a the excellent Coda CSIB 
or Pass Labs 60
then no question , you didnot say hello he price point.
a quality classA  preamp is far better then a passive preamplifier ,
or as in a dac with a volume control ,it just loses. The soundstage depth ,and imaging. I have tried this many times with the same
outcome.