Dac options with Chromecast Audio SUB $500

I am enjoying the 30 day trial of Tidal HiFi...currently the only DAC I have is the Chromecast. It does a decent job, holds its own but it has its limits.

I currently do heavy listening to vinyl only. VPI Scout 1.1. 

Looking to use the Chromecast as the streamer with Tidal and then into a DAC. I am looking at a few sub $500 dacs. 

Looking into the:
Parasound Zdac. 1st or 2nd version seems fine.
Musical Fidelity V90 Dac (sterophile recommended class A)
Schitt Bifrost
Jolida FX Glass

Anyone with any of these units or perhaps have compared them to each other?

System: modded Jolida 502a, Cardas cables, Merlin TSM-MMM Speakers

db
photodusty
You are correct, Chromecast Audio and yes I would need an optical input.

I see the Schiit Bitfrost gets good reviews. Anyone use anyone use any of the above mentioned products?

Thanks reubent!

db
db,

I am in the same boat.  I have a Chromecast Audio feeding into my Yamaha A-S1000 integrated and want a $300.00 to $500.00 DAC also.  I have looked really hard at the NAD D 1050, Teac AI-301DA, and Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus.  Just waiting to find the best deal of the three.

Bill
I have a Chromecast Audio feeding a Musical Fidelity V90 Amp.  Works nice for a small garage system; a poor mans Sonos Connect:Amp.  The V-90 has a built in DAC, but I'm not using it because it's just a garage system and I don't think it's warranted.  
Just as an interesting datapoint for you, I run a CCA optical into a Schiit Yggy. It sounds great, and the "buy better gear" light has never illuminated, so the CCA clock must be decent enough.