DAC Option in Modwright LS-100

I'm looking to upgrade my system a bit.   I'm replacing my old digital source with shiny new a Naim Uniti Core.  The rest of the system currently is: Jolida Fusion DAC/Pre, Odyssey Stratos Plus, Thiel CS 2.4, Kimber 8TC / PBJ. 

Looking to up my game a bit, and thinking that the Jolida is probably the weak link.  There's a used Modwright LS-100 preamp with DAC card that I'm thinking of picking up -- it's just under $2500, which is about my budget.  But I've also got the option to pick up a used Modwright without the DAC, or an Audible Illusions M3A.  Those would leave me using the DAC in the Jolida for now, with flexibility to upgrade my DAC later without having to change out my preamp.  I'd probably have the budget for an Audio Mirror DAC in a year or two. 

Has anyone listened to the LS-100 with DAC?  How did the DAC sound?  Will I regret being locked in later?

And has anyone listened to an LS-100 with a Stratos?
lee_short

Showing 1 response by facten

lee-short

If you haven't, you might also  want to check on Audio Circle , there may be info  within the Modwright Circle, if not it might be worthwhile to post your question there as well.