Dac: Does anyhting beat the Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Gumby) in the same price range?

Schitt Gungnir Multibit (Gumby): Does anything beat it in the same price range?
pmboyd
You can't beat the unit at the asking price.  You for sure can improve the dac chip.  I believe Analog Devices makes an improve version of this dac chip ( you have to check, i might be wrong). But doesn't hurt to check?  If the dac chip has an adaptor, you can do a quick swap with the improve chips.  Happy Listening! 
I auditioned the Gungnir Multibit and PS Audio NuWave DSD in my system. Both are very dynamic but I preferred the PS Audio due to its more organic and natural presentation of classical music. It uses a  programable chip similar to the high-end PS Audio DACs, plus it will accept hirez.

A used Ayre Codex.
I bought the Gungnir (non multibit), and the Ayre was better, not a huge difference, but it sounded tighter and more coherent, and a nicer soundstage. Also, a little more 'natural'.
I'll probably have it upgraded soon (they seem to be having a backlog at the moment). 
Some have said the Yggy and the Codex are almost identical in reproduction quality.
B
How do you like it ? That's the only thing that counts.  Try it, see if you like it and decide for yourself, if it can be beat for the money.