DAC choices -- help me cross the line

My current DAC is Cambridge Audio Azur 851D driving the two channel speaker system in the study. My headphone system consists of a Bluesound Node 2i feeding into a Quicksilver headphone amp. The plan is to put the CA DAC in the headphone chain and sell the Node, so this means I have to purchase a new DAC for the 2 channel system in the study. Here's what the 2 channel system looks like ...
opticalRendu >> CA Azur 851D (to be replaced) >> Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum 2 >> Harbeth P3esr

So what am I looking for? Heft, holographic, a bit of warmth, big organic sound, tonal richness. I don't mind sacrificing a bit of neutrality or accuracy. I listen to all kinds of music but am partial to jazz, vocals, classic rock. 

I almost pulled the trigger on a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ but wanted to take the R2R DACs for a spin just for kicks. I was initially interested in the MHDT Pagoda or Orchid, but their no-return policy is a no go for me. I know some people don't mind, but I really don't want to give my business to a company who doesn't trust its own products.

So this leads me to three final contenders -- AudioMirror Tubadour iii SE, Tubadour iii (regular/non-SE) and the Border Patrol DAC. Really interested in hearing from someone who might have heard at least one of the two, or better yet compared the Audiomirror to one of the MHDT DACs.

Now Audiomirror offers two versions of the Tubadour III -- SE and non-SE, with the SE being a $1000 costlier. Wondering if the sonic improvements are worth the higher $$$ in the SE version. Would love to hear from someone who has had a chance to compare the two.

Also wondering how the Tubadour III regular version compares to MHDT Pagoda. Both are around the same price.

Note: If are going to suggest another DAC, I don't mind. But please make sure it's R2R, < $2500 (used or new), has a return policy, and NOT made in China.

128x128arafiq
I have owned both the BP and AM (my current DAC).
I purchased the Border Patrol after reading some reviews that attributed an "analogue sound" to the BP. 
IMHO it is a pleasant sounding DAC, but nothing special, lacking detail and air.
I decided to replace it after about a year.

After reading various reviews (a dangerous undertaking) I decided to purchase the RME ADI 2 DAC. I really liked it and had it in system for around a year. A lot of detail and very clean sounding.
I also played around with a couple of Chinese DACs (Musical Paradise, and Audio-gd).
In short none of these were the "one" for me.

Just recently, again after perusing reviews, I came across some really positive remarks about the Audio Mirror.
I contacted Vlad at AM and to make a long story short bought the basic AM Tubadour.
It is a fantastic DAC.
It is detailed and musical, both. The best DAC I have had in my system by far. Vlad is great to do business with too.

One word of advice; give it time to burn in. It will take 50-60 hours before showing the promise of what it can do.

The AM is head and shoulders above the Border Patrol (again my opinion).
Look up teajay's reviews and other threads here about the dacs you're researching.I like my Tubadour lll very much.Mine has the upgrades caps only,so not really an se.All I can compare it to is the tubes Vincent CD player that it replaced.I loved that player but the laser gave out after 9years and couldn't be repaired.The Tubadour has more detail and dimensionality.The Orchid and Border Patrol were on my list to try also if it didn't work out,but I 've had it for a year now with no desire to change.
What is your problem with China. Denafrips makes some great days and Audio-GD the same.
I would fully recomend the Metrum Onyx. It is an incredible DAC. The company should be back up to their old standards as the original owners have bought back the company. I used to own one before I got a TT2 and now am on th the dCS Bartok. 
I am currently using a Border Patrol SEi DAC and love it.  It really has a way to connect you with the music.  It just makes me feel good.  It made such an impression on me that I sold my very highly regarded Schiit Yggdrasil A2 and have not looked back.
I have read good things about the MHDT Orchid DAC but haven’t had the opportunity to audition it.