DAC choices: Exogal v. Schiit v Benchmark v. Denafrips

I’m considering a new DAC. Sound quality is paramount among the choices I'm considering. This would be replacing a Theta DSPro Basic IIIa DAC. My considerations are Exogal Comet Plus, Schiit Yggy, Benchmark DAC3L and Denafrips Venus. 

Thoughts from those who own one of these or who have compared them?
128x128celander

Showing 1 response by adg101

@celander: can you give a bit more info on what drew you to the decision on the Exogal? By chance was your dealer local so you could demo at home? I’d prefer to be able to listen at home before making a purchase which has my only option I’d be interested in being PS Audio, which local shop has all in stock. Guessing more than a local shop so curious if you were able to hear the others and if not how did you make your decision? Does the Exogal offer something the others don’t as far as features? Mind sharing the dealer you worked with and lastly what’s your thoughts on your purchase... or do you have it yet? I haven’t dragged home a PS Audio yet and I should but hoping or betting there’s something out there that is less that punches way above it price. Thanks