DAC choice

I admit it, I am a bit lost on the topic of DACs. I have a Rotel RB-1590 amp and some B&W 804S speakers. I like my CD transport so far, although I doubt its DAC compares to a more dedicated one.  I do not think the amp or speakers are bottlenecks in sound quality, but am not sure I am getting the best out of my music, and I would like to get into more digital. I am trying to decide between getting the Rotel RC-1590 preamp with its DAC or a different DAC/preamp. I would welcome advice on preamp/DACs for $2,000 or less.
kumakahn
Please don’t get me wrong. So far, I have been very impressed with the Rotel RB-1590 amp, and I have no reason to believe the companion preamp will disappoint me. I just want to make the best buy I can. In my experience so far, the Rotel amp seems capable of great sound with any good preamp. My main concern is getting the best DAC I can afford in the preamp.  What about the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell Class-A balanced DAC/Analog Preamp?  It is about the same money. Any opinions?
lot's of threads on the subject. If you search me, you will find info. That drilled down to

- Mytek
- RME Adi-2, which I bought
- Chord Qutest
- Project S2
The RME ADI-2 DAC is fantastic DAC. The Steady Clock is measured in Femtoseconds. You find this in the top of the line DAC's. Bought mine about 3 weeks ago and really upgraded the SQ of my Universal player and Bluesound node. Can can compete w/any DAC at twice it's price. RME is a 20 year old German Pro Audio company w/a solid reputation. This is their first audio product for home audio. Check out their website and the June issue of Sound on Sound excellent review.
I have a bluesound node 2. How would I connect the Rme to it?  Yeah, I’m new to this....