DAC Burn-In Question

I am burning in a new PS Audio Direct Stream DAC (glowingly reviewed in this month's TAS -- and rightly so) and as the review points out and as I am learning, it requires significant burn in.

Question: I am feeding the DS DAC from a Bryston BDP-1 digital transport, and DAC feeds into preamp. If I am listening to a tuner through the preamp while playing the DAC as it is connected to preamp, am I burning in the DAC? Or does the pre actually have to be set to the DAC input and then be pushing the signal out to the amp?

I do not have the technical knowledge to know the answer, but want to make sure I am not wasting my time. And BTW, even partially burned in, this DAC is something special. More on this when it is ripened.

Thx, Neal
nglazer
Thanks Mrderrick. I am running it most of the day now to accelerate burn-in. Last night I listened to LCD Soundsystem's Dance Yourself Clean, a synth pop tune, and almost jumped out of my chair. The clarity and realism were astonishing.

Every now and then, and new product comes along that for me is a game changer, and this may be one of them. The Stereophile review is the only one that is not entirely celebratory, which may be due to Art Dudley's having spent most of his time listening before the software upgrade. He sounded miffed.

Cheers.

Neal
Bigshutterbug, (or anyone else knowledgeable),

Do I need to have preamp on at all when I am burning in from BDP-1 to DS? (I am not running direct into amp.) If so, can I Mute the pre to save the tubes?

It is getting better, more full-bodied over time, but still needs more burn. Probably have about 50-75 hrs on now.

We spend so much time burning in cables, components it is a wonder we do not get burned out on this mania.

Thx. Neal
nglazer, if audiophilia is someone's favorite hobby, there's no such thing as too much time devoted to it. Hence the existence of this forum.

Question, 7 years later: are you still using the Direct Stream today, and are you still thrilled with it?