DAC at us$1000

Looking for DAC AT us$1000 to work with my Sony DVD player. Thank you for your advice.
ken67e7

Showing 1 response by tubegroover

I have a Bel Canto. It is a very smooth sounding dac with good frequency extension at both ends. I have found big improvements using the JPS Digital Power cord with filters on both ends to eliminate RFI and line hash. The s/n is improved, quieter background with greater resolution of inner detail. Dekay I also have the Harmonic Tech Pro 11 cord and in the digital application the JPS cord is much better and also cost more, 350.00 retail and discounted for about 300.00, well worth the cost. I am waiting for the EVS Millenium that an audio buddy has on order and is expected to receive next month. Suppose to be a "giant killer". It sure seems to be a good marketing strategy in high end audio. But it rarely happens at a price point. I do have high expectations for this unit though. So far as the P.T. unit, I had one for a few weeks but suspect something may have been wrong with the chip. I never did find out if this was so but it certainly isn't going to hurt to audition. It did have superb resolution and the dynamic capability was excellent. Tonally it was quite harsh and forward and never came around after 2 weeks audition. They have a 30 day in home trial which is what I would do with these units. Audition them all and then decide what works best. You'll only be out shipping costs and for maybe 100.00 it will probably be worth it. You'll never know any other way.