D2v vs Classe ssp800, which would you prefer?

I have narrowed my choice of ssp's to either the Anthem D2v or Classe ssp800 and would like to hear peoples opinions. It seems to me the anthem has more features but not quite as good sounding as the ssp800. Any thoughts on what you would have in your system?? I am currently an avm30 owner and love it! Obviously, I am very familiar with how it works and its set uo, i.e stay with what you know. My room is not thad bad either. The system is paradigm sig's, mac mc207amp and Marantz ud9004. (would love to own the Mac MX150 but it is priced out of contention. Thanks
docrobbi

Showing 3 responses by mclsound

I have owned a D2 and SSP600 and if you are into movies more than music or movies/music at resonable volumes(100db or less) the Anthem is a good bet...BUT..If you love music and at much louder levels(above 100db) go with the classe...
The Anthem at extremely high volumes in 2ch/multi ch music has a obvious digital sound.
LOL
the audio bable can get a little extreme and tiresome at times,for sure..Often one might as well keep a dictionary close by!!
Again,they are both excellent processors,although the Classe is recommended for much higher volume listening,in my humble opinion and experience.
Well dealers can be dicks for sure and sounds like you had one.I personally wouldn't help pay for his car.Look around for other deals.