CV181 6SN7 ModWight CD Player ?

Guys,

Just wondering if the Black Treasure CV 181 or Sophia can hold a candle to my Sylvanias VT 231, Ken Rad VT 231 or my Sylvania W?

Would like to do more comparison since I'm using a solid-state amplifier now, previously used a tube integrated amp.

Thanks,
Wig
128x128wig
And the really GOOD news it they are only going to get better and better. ;-)
Guys,

Received my BT CV181s tonight and all I can say is WOW! They are on par and possibly better than my Ken Rads with only 1 hour of use...
Oops! Pardon the link blooper.

Shouldn't take nearly 500 hrs to tell the tale.

BTW: I am also using the Shuguang Treasure 6CA7-Z power
tubes in my Quicksilver amps. These bested one dozen sets
of NOS and new production tubes I've search through and used
over a number of years.

Like the CV181 the sound is solid, detailed, clean and clear
while maintaining very fine musicality. Honestly, except
for the 12AU7 in my system, I am off of old stock tubes.
Honestly, that is quite a relief.
08-24-15: Doak
I suggest, even urge, you to invest in a pair of Black
Treasure CV 181. I've used them in amps, i my current
preamp and IMO they beat my stable of some of the "best
of the best" old stock 6SN7.
Yep, This mirrors my experience rolling BT CV181 in a MW Transporter years ago.

I have several friends rolling them in their VAC 450 and Phi200 mono amps.
Thanks for the info and link! just bought a pair and we'll see after 500 hrs of burn-in and I have had good experience with their KT88s, more organic sounding with texture in comparison to Gold Lion...

Wig
I suggest, even urge, you to invest in a pair of Black
Treasure CV 181. I've used them in amps, i my current
preamp and IMO they beat my stable of some of the "best
of the best" old stock 6SN7.

I buy mine straight from China for less than $130 per
matched pair. No need to pay more.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Shuguang-Treasure-CV181-Z-
Vacuum-Tube-Matched-Pair-Replace-CV181-CV181-T-
6SN7/32403414804.html
Guys,

Any experience with Raytheon GTB Black Plates 6SN7s? Hear that they're very 3D with nice top end sparkle.

Thanks
I tried the old Tungsols but found them to be tipped up in the treble and very fatiguing.
Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I prefer the VT 231 and Ken Rads over the Black plates W and would love TS but they're hard to find and more than I want to spend but I'll keep my eyes open...

Wig
No, although there are other old stock tubes you may want to try. I find the Sylvania VT231s to be bit bass shy and the Ken Rads to be a bit treble shy. If you have the funds, the Tung Sol black glass round plates would be great. If not, I think the sylvania 6SN7Ws may be the best of what you have listed.
At one time, I owned the MW 5400ES and cycled thru all of the tubes you reference. All are good, none necessarily better than another... just like different flavors of ice cream. If I recall correctly, I think my go-to tube was a 1940's vintage smoked glass RCA VT 231 purchased from Brent Jessee Audio Supply.