CV181 6SN7 ModWight CD Player ?

Guys,

Just wondering if the Black Treasure CV 181 or Sophia can hold a candle to my Sylvanias VT 231, Ken Rad VT 231 or my Sylvania W?

Would like to do more comparison since I'm using a solid-state amplifier now, previously used a tube integrated amp.

Thanks,
Wig
128x128wig
At one time, I owned the MW 5400ES and cycled thru all of the tubes you reference. All are good, none necessarily better than another... just like different flavors of ice cream. If I recall correctly, I think my go-to tube was a 1940's vintage smoked glass RCA VT 231 purchased from Brent Jessee Audio Supply.
No, although there are other old stock tubes you may want to try. I find the Sylvania VT231s to be bit bass shy and the Ken Rads to be a bit treble shy. If you have the funds, the Tung Sol black glass round plates would be great. If not, I think the sylvania 6SN7Ws may be the best of what you have listed.
Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I prefer the VT 231 and Ken Rads over the Black plates W and would love TS but they're hard to find and more than I want to spend but I'll keep my eyes open...

Wig
I tried the old Tungsols but found them to be tipped up in the treble and very fatiguing.
Guys,

Any experience with Raytheon GTB Black Plates 6SN7s? Hear that they're very 3D with nice top end sparkle.

Thanks
I suggest, even urge, you to invest in a pair of Black
Treasure CV 181. I've used them in amps, i my current
preamp and IMO they beat my stable of some of the "best
of the best" old stock 6SN7.

I buy mine straight from China for less than $130 per
matched pair. No need to pay more.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Shuguang-Treasure-CV181-Z-
Vacuum-Tube-Matched-Pair-Replace-CV181-CV181-T-
6SN7/32403414804.html
Thanks for the info and link! just bought a pair and we'll see after 500 hrs of burn-in and I have had good experience with their KT88s, more organic sounding with texture in comparison to Gold Lion...

Wig
08-24-15: Doak
I suggest, even urge, you to invest in a pair of Black
Treasure CV 181. I've used them in amps, i my current
preamp and IMO they beat my stable of some of the "best
of the best" old stock 6SN7.
Yep, This mirrors my experience rolling BT CV181 in a MW Transporter years ago.

I have several friends rolling them in their VAC 450 and Phi200 mono amps.
Oops! Pardon the link blooper.

Shouldn't take nearly 500 hrs to tell the tale.

BTW: I am also using the Shuguang Treasure 6CA7-Z power
tubes in my Quicksilver amps. These bested one dozen sets
of NOS and new production tubes I've search through and used
over a number of years.

Like the CV181 the sound is solid, detailed, clean and clear
while maintaining very fine musicality. Honestly, except
for the 12AU7 in my system, I am off of old stock tubes.
Honestly, that is quite a relief.
Guys,

Received my BT CV181s tonight and all I can say is WOW! They are on par and possibly better than my Ken Rads with only 1 hour of use...
And the really GOOD news it they are only going to get better and better. ;-)