Customs delays from US to Canada

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of my fellow Canadians are experiencing delivery delays from the States due to the Customs strikes. Was reading about 4 to 5 week backlogs in processing cross border mail today, and I'm about to have a shipment sent to me. Depressing !

Thanks, Mike
128x128wrayman
You may want to consider a non-gov't service like Fed-Ex. I just got off the phone with them, and, they tell me that the Customs strike has not resulted in any major delays. I wouldn't use UPS cause their brokerage fees are ridiculous.
Thanks Byfo, great suggestion....perhaps the delays are mostly occurring with postal traffic, not the couriers...

Fatparrot, I get my hockey fixes from some of the excellent local games, don't miss the NHL at all....(:

Mike
I'm in Montreal. I had a delivery Friday and another yesterday from the States. Didn't seem to be any problem. Am waiting for one more but it's not late yet.
i just read this about the delays. seems that customs is getting a little crusty no longer accepts mail addressed to "aunt ruth."

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2004/10/20/canada_postaladdress041020.html