Current production EL34 tubes for vtl mb-125

My power tubes are getting a little long in the tooth, and now that the St. Petersburg factory is no longer putting out new winged c tubes, they are fetching very high "nos" prices - too rich for my blood. Anyone know what vtl is using in these amps as original equipment these days?  Any strong opinions on the difference between the similarly priced Mullard and tung sol reissues, and the newer shuguangs (the normal ones - not the treasures).  I'd really like to keep as close to the winged c sound as possible, without paying $75 for a $25 tube (I need 8 of them, so it starts to add up).  For context - I've tried the genalex kt77 reissue, and they are not for me - well made and neutral, for sure, but maybe just a little "stiff" for my taste. Any informed input would be welcome. Thanks. 
128x128strat1117

Showing 1 response by mgreen27

Try Cable Company. They have a large selection of tubes (both new and NOS). They test them all and keep track of the differences in SQ so that when you call them, they can make a good recommendation. Not everything is listed on the web site.