Curious what people think is the best "value" high end speaker (~5K to 15K)

I am on a long search for speakers and just curious what people think is the best value both new or used in speakers ranging from around $5000 to $15000? I have a set of Paradigm S8's (V1) and love them but looking for another set for another set in a different listening area (25 x 20?, maybe larger).  I love the full sound of JBL's and looking for something in that range (it also helps that JBL's seem to hold their value better than most, which will be a consideration). The only drawback to JBL is footprint.  I prefer a smaller footprint which is why after reading I hope to listen to several B&W 800 series but open to suggestions across the board.  used Watt Puppies? Revels?  I am curious about peoples experience with McIntosh XR100's. 
gene3x
We only use the word highend, when a loudspeaker can reveal all the different aspects/properties of sound. This is needed when you can perceive all the detail and different apects of a recording. By far most loudspeakers cannot reveal all the aspects of sound. That is why we call these loudspeakers hifi loudspeakers. When a loudspeaker does not own all the parameters of sound it would be even silly to call it highend. You want audio to sound as realisic as possible.  
bo1972 said:
“Audio is based on sound.”

Glad I dropped in..........
I do audio by Truy-Fi, this is the opposite of trail and errror. The fact is that it is a totally different way of creating an audio system.

The whole does audio by tral and error what is based on gambling. We create sound. Most  People connect parts together and hope it will work at the end. But based on the fact that you cannot track down what the influence of each individual part. It always will be and stay one big guess.

I am only interested in DNA and the apects each individual audio product owns. And for loudspeakers I am only interested if a loudspeaker can reveal all the apects of sound including diversity in height. In all other situations I would only be abbale to create a hifi stereo system. In our world this is 100% unacceptable

This year I have sold many Monitor Audio Pl-200 II. The thing what makes it so easy for me is that I can outperfrom shops very easy even when they sell loudspeakers of over 20.000 euro. Most of these loudspeakers are 2-dimensional and also cannot create diversity in height.

The problem for you is that a Monitor Audio Pl-200 II is a totally different loudspeaker in any trail and error shop compared to the same Pl-200 II in a Tru-Fi world.

I give you an example; a few months ago I did send a new client from Belgium to an audio shop where they sell the Pl-200 II by trail and error. They also sold his loudspeaker (in the same price range) he owned before the Pl-200 II.

He was not that convinced about the presentation of the Pl-200 II and also not of the loudspeaker he owned at that time. The presentation was in 2D and there was no diversity in height. The resolution was limited compared to the level we create by Tru-Fi. But... the biggest difference is the inferior level of diversity in sound these shops create. The used amps and sources of the same price range we use. I will not call the brands of their products. names of their products.Nor will I name the brands of the products we use.

The day after he visited the shop I did send him to a client who also uses the Pl-200 II in a Tru-Fi system. He called me after he visited my client. His first words; mannnn this is really stunning. Now I understand that my loudspeakers (brand you all know well) are far inferior to the Pl-200 II in a Tru-Fi world.

My client the Belgium client visited plays with the Pl-200 II what has an extreme 3-dimensional holographic stage. His system is able to let you hear the differences in heights of voices and instruments. And a level in diversity in sound most people of you never experienced before in your life.

He said: you can order the Pl-200 II and you can sell my loudspeakers. He also wanted to sell directly his 12000 euro amp of a brand you all think and believe it is highend. He said about this amp, I have to admit it has nothing to do with highend.

Everything he owned had to go. Because all products he bought where all incomplete regarding the properties/aspects of sound. When new clients of us hear a Tru-Fi system with their own music. The know directly the difference. The client from Belgum said: I knew by the first song that I own an inferior audio system.

In 2016 I met a client who owned a 2015 'highend' loudspeaker of 37000 euro.(brand from the US you all know)He plays over 95% classical music. We did a shootout with the Pl-200 II.

It outpefromed the 37000 euro 'highend' loudspeaker on all different apects of sound. His former loudspeaker could not create diversity in height. It played all voices and instruments on the same level in height. Like most loudspeakers do.

But the level in layering of the 37000 euro US speaker was far inferior. And can be easily explained why. Because the material and technique of the Pl-200 II is much more advanced why it can reveal so much more layers in sound. The stage depth and width was also bigger with the Pl-200.

The coherence of sound was with classical music so much better with the PL-200 II. The diversity in height also makes the sound much more involving. When you do audio by Tru-Fi it gives us access to all the aspects/properties of sound. This creates an addictive sound. 

The biggest advantage of Tru-Fi is that you can use it witch each audio product. You always can extract the DNA of each product. This makes clear what the real quality is of each product.