Curious what people think is the best "value" high end speaker (~5K to 15K)

I am on a long search for speakers and just curious what people think is the best value both new or used in speakers ranging from around $5000 to $15000? I have a set of Paradigm S8's (V1) and love them but looking for another set for another set in a different listening area (25 x 20?, maybe larger).  I love the full sound of JBL's and looking for something in that range (it also helps that JBL's seem to hold their value better than most, which will be a consideration). The only drawback to JBL is footprint.  I prefer a smaller footprint which is why after reading I hope to listen to several B&W 800 series but open to suggestions across the board.  used Watt Puppies? Revels?  I am curious about peoples experience with McIntosh XR100's. 
gene3x
Within the last year and half I had 3 different pairs of Tekton speakers in my dedicated audio room.  I started with the DI, progressed to DI SE and now I have a pair of the Encores.  If you're looking for the best speakers within a reasonable price, I can't imagine anything else that would fit the bill.  If you're looking for "bling" speakers to impress..., yes there are speakers out there that look nicer.  BTW, my last pair of speakers before the Tektons were the Kef Blade 2.  Great speakers, way more expensive and not sounding as good as the Tektons in my room.
B&w 800 d-2 ,having just sold my 802 d’s because they where not quite large enough,I have the focal 1038 be for a temporary fix on the way to either the 800 d2 or focal sopra 3.driven by McIntosh 601 mono blocks .skip the 100’s ,you can get the xr 200 used for around 8 k.the Mac xr200’s sound really good at low and medium volume levels and they also will go as high spl as you can take.
If buying used, I believe the best sounding and best value speaker is the Tannoy Kensington SE.  If you've never heard a Tannoy, you owe it to yourself to have the experience.  
A vote for Vandersteen and Revel/JBL....

I went to RMAF and there were many rooms that had one model or another of the B&W 800 series and every single room exhibited overly prominent high end. Some people like that or have hearing damage, if you like them buy them. 

The most science is probably behind the JBL and Revels. I'd get used pair of Salon2. That is probably the right answer just based on your stated requirements.