Cured of upgraditis?

For most of my audio life I have suffered from the affliction of updraditis. I'm sure you know of what I speak. However, after my most recent round of upgrades, and with lighter wallet, I am at a point where, with the system below, I don't feel the need to change a thing. Of course, the system is not perfect. I have a noisy tube in the preamp and a lip-sync issue with the disc player, but I just want those problems to be solved - I don't actually want to change any of the equipment. Music and movies have never sounded better. It's a curious feeling, like audio nirvana, a sort of zen-like quality. What I'm wondering now is if this condition is temporary and brief or, as I hope, will last a long time, possibly forever. Does anyone have any similar experiences to share?

Oppo BDP-105 universal player
conrad-johnson MET1 6-channel tube preamp
Sunfire Cinema Grand 5-channel power amp
Von Schweikert speakers: VR-33 mains, Unifield 1 center, TS-150 surrounds
REL T1 subwoofer
Cabling: Cardas, a mixture of quadlink and cross
A couple of beers
A good time
malcolm02

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Unfortunately you are doomed. Twelve step programs are useless in this area. Don't even think about going to any audio shows, for if you do, terminal 'upgraditis' will set in. In the short term, the only hope is that you have a few college educations to pay for. That way your pocket will be much lighter for many, many years. Once those educations are paid for, trouble will return. However, your inability to do any grade should last for about 20 years. Maybe by then your hearing will be failing and that will confirm that upgrading will not permit you to hear anything better then you have now. Enjoy the the music.