Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
Post removed 

@doni

The rest of the system is Pass Labs XP-30 preamp XP-25 phono amp TTW Momentus copper platter turntable with Graham Phantom II Supreme tonearm and Ortofon Anna cartridge PS Audio DSD transport and DAC Bryston BDP-2 and Technics RS1500 reel to reel. Cables are High Fidelity Cables. Puritan Labs 156 power conditioner and Ground System.

Last night I played some tapes and they sounded just amazing with this amp and speaker combination. The highlight of the night was when I played a copy of the Beatles Abbey Road reel to reel. I purchased this copy from a recording engineer who had passed away some years ago. He worked all over the record industry so I have no idea what the source for this tape was. All I can say is that I have been listening to this album for over 50 yrs, I have owned almost every pressing of this album and last night I experienced something like never before. The deep solid bass, the separation of the instruments, the width and depth of the soundstage, the air around the recording just spectacular. I felt that I could get up from my listening chair, walk up and stand in front of each band member, it was like they were in the room with me. Whenever friends and family want me to show off my system, I am going right for the Abbey Road tape.

Found this thread because I'm very seriously considering the qualio iq. It seems to have everything I'm interested in from a technology (and expected behavior based on that tech). I've been interested in cube as well but haven't auditioned yet. I'm going to go listen to some nenuphar mini that aren't too far away as I expect that will give me an idea of what the IQ will do in the mid range. I am 100% confident the soundstage and imaging will make me happy based on the video they posted on YouTube (played through dartzeel and reference 3a speakers, the only thing I can really determine is soundstage imaging and dynamics but what I hear confirms what one should hear with this design). What I'm concerned about is mid range and vocals, coming from harbeth I'm picky about that and trained to really appreciate warmth and life like timbre. If the cubes make me happy in that regard I'm going to order. The price is fantastic even including shipping taxes and duties.

Post your thoughts on the Nenuphar mini’s once you get a listen. I’m intrigued by the semi OB design of the qualio iq’s. I love my Nenuphar mini’s but I’d love to listen to the qualios one day.