Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

@charles1dad I suspect the Cube Audio solution is of higher quality (17,000 euros for the two Cube subs vs $3200 for the Swarm), but at the end of the day you've still only got two sources of bass and all the standing wave issues that that brings. 

Obviously many people can obtain sufficient bass performance in this manner by adjusting speaker and listening position, but four (or more) sources of bass spread around the room is really the only way besides room modifications to truly smooth out those inevitable peaks and valleys. 

Imagine a rectangular wave pool with actuators on only one end vs one with actuators on all four sides. If I worked with Duke/AudioKinesis, I would construct a small countertop model and allow people to see the different standing wave patterns created as you add actuators around the space.  You'll move from large standing waves to more of an even chop with smaller peaks and valleys as you do so.

In any case, like you said, it would make an interesting comparison.  And agreed, horses for courses.  

Hi @cal3713 

Your explanation and reasoning is exactly what prompted my curiosity.  Yes, no question that the Cube Audio bass system is more expensive and surely well thought out and implemented  . Yet one has to acknowledge the pure application of acoustic science that supports why the swarm distributed subwoofer array is so effective and less costly. 

Charles