Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

Well if the V2 out performs the V1,, well then we will see some half off offers from  Cube on the V1's.

Or are they going to only sell the V2.

Delete V1 from their inventory,,and we are stillllllllllllll waiting to 

1) see new pics of the V2

2) read what is the **all new*** V2 cone material made of....what IF the pics of the V2 look almost if not identical to the **old version** V1???

Then what are we to assume???

Lotssss of Q's for Cube to answe,, as folks paid big bucks for these speakers.

Some ~~Fiasco~~ like this old V1, vs NEW V2,,might in the long run do more harm to the company than good.

Faith and confidence starts to take a  hit. 

And furthermore,,,what IF,,we get another review, which has some ((issues** with the above review,,, then what..??.

Who are we to believe.

Review with the 2 thumbs up,, or the audiophile who gives 1 thumb up, one down, and  goes on to say,,,**all in all, I prefer the old model version V1 better***

Then what???

This thing could start to get real ugly, real fast. 

abd1,  Just for fun, see if there is a polarity switch on your Streamer, DAC or Preamp.  Change the phase setting and listen.  You might not have the phase set properly.

Mozartfan,  You can’t fault Cube Audio for refining their product further.  If they didn’t try to develop a 15” single driver speaker, we would never have a perceived better Nenuphar.  If you apply your logic to every manufacturer of audio equipment then every manufacturer would be in the wrong for refining their products.  Be glad the technology has advanced in full range reference single driver design.  I don’t want to speak for Cube Audio, but I am sure they have considered the impact of the new advancement on existing V1 Nenuphar owners.  Can you image them getting 5000 requests at once for the driver upgrade and how they could handle such a request given their existing work force and resources besides being able to fulfill existing orders for all of their other products.  You might consider contacting your local dealer or distributor and inquiring about a possible upgrade path.  JMHO.

V1 or V2? Still a great speaker either way.

Agreed, and I strongly believe that preference is dictated by associated audio system components and the signature or voicing sought by the listener. A First Watt F5 amplifier owner  may prefer one, and a Shindo amplifier owner may prefer the other.

Charles