Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

YOu see its things like this that leave me in doubts about **Cube Audio**. Something just aint smelling right about this company. Here they are blabbing their **all new cone is , so much better..**, yet give no details on how to go about taking old drivers out, shipping drivers to who knows where,,, who will pay ship cost both ways.. which carrier to use. Pre paid label?? How long turn around time, give or take 1-2 days..etc etc. Cube is leaving their fans in *The Lurch**, ,,canoe up s**t creek, w/o a paddle. IMHO I wouldn/t go for it. Its too risky,

What is risky? You can either use the distributor, dealer and probably deal with Cube Audio directly. I am pretty certain once initial contact is made all of the details are explained. I see absolutely nothing here to be suspicious of.

Charles

We, as in members and posters, have been dealing with Cube Audio and Refined Audio (the U.S. Importer and Distributor) from within the U.S.  Others who have posted from Europe are using their own dealers, etc.

My questions were for the benefit of others reading this thread.

Jon Ver Halen and Grzegorz Rulka have been a phone call or email away for me; as they are for anyone else interested.

Suffice it to say that we are also clear on the value of the doubts from someone with zero exposure to the company, it's products, and it's distribution chain. 

I like to know the process too and have been contemplating upgrading, I would love to get a chance to listen and compare v1 and v2 before sending the v1 in, or decide to keep the v1 if v2 sound didn't work out.  I do enjoy the v1 now, although I do like the impressions of the v2 thus far.

I like to add that Jon at Refined Audio and Grzegorz have been very supporting when I reported to them one of my driver have a small dent in the phase plug that I didn't noticed until 6 months into ownership.  Grzegorz were quick to respond and worked with Jon to send a new pair of drivers out, at no cost to me.  I have no doubt that they will take care of their customers.

I haven’t seen any reason to be suspicious of Cube Audio. I had a good experience with them and the distributor when I needed to swap out a driver shortly after receiving the Nenuphars.

just a couple words about that: changing the drivers is easy in principle but it can be tricky to execute. The magnets are very heavy. I found it best if you lay the speaker on its side before beginning surgery. Obviously you want to do that on a soft rug. Once you remove the bolts (ONLY the four outer hex bolts, the inner ones hold the spider together), the driver can slip from its position suddenly. If you’re close to the floor you have more leverage on the driver and a shorter way for it to fall if something bad happens.

Also, the magnets are so powerful that they can easily pull a hex wrench from your fingers when you loosen your grip even just a bit. The wrench will fly directly on to the edges of your whizzer cones with quite a bit of force. The simple answer is a non-magnetic hex wrench (believe its 4mm). I found one for 12 bucks on line and thought it was a small price to pay for the peace of mind.