Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
@dspringham,
"Honestly, I though the VR L2iSE did sound just fine with it’s built-in single device JFET output stage but the Zen just adds that last bit of air, righteous tone and life-breathing liveliness that takes favourite tunes a higher plane."

Very well described! As much as I enjoyed my prior solid state amplifier and then some very fine class A/B push-pull tube amplifiers, the class A lower watt SET was just more "alive" sounding and emotionally connecting. In a nutshell more "breath of life" realness and tactile. Obviously not everyone will agree but @dspringham I relate to your listening comparison experience/evolution .
@dspringham I love the finish on your cube’s. I have mini’s in matte walnut and my wife says I can’t get new speakers anymore because she loves the look, and sound. Like that you’re using a relatively inexpensive amp with very (IMO) speakers and front end. I’m currently using an Alan Eaton 45 amp that I got for around $900 with my Nenuphar Mini’s. I also have a pair of 300b SET monoblocks. The mono’s paint a more vivid, clear and detailed picture but the 45 amp is just more engaging to listen. I get stuck listening to it whereas I don’t get as drawn in with the mono’s. It’s also only about 1.5 wpc but it never seems flat or not enough. Rest of the chain is an Auralic G1 streamer to Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC1 to Don Sachs preamp to amp, all powered by a psaudio p12 regenerator. Guess it goes to show how versatile these speakers can be that you can pair them with inexpensive tube amps and still sound great. 
I figured the Alan Eaton would work well w Cubes but this certainly has me thinking. I use Omega's, the cheap mans Cube? It is a very musical combo w great synergy. It is the only amp that made me, dare I say, pack up the Decware. I was worried about the 91db efficiency - I guess this is not the case 😃
I've really enjoyed this very informative and civil thread.  I have a First Watt SIT 3.  I also happen to have a Decware Zen Triode SE84UFO2 on order from this past February, so I will have two amps which pair well with these speakers.  Currently the SIT 3 powers a pair of Zu Audio Soul Mark IIs.  I'm considering the Nenuphars, but am curious if they are geared to certain styles of music, or if they play well with all genres.  Thoughts?
splunders  I listen to Classical, Jazz, world music and a lot of contemporary categories including pop (but not including heavy metal, etc.).  The Nens have outperformed all previous speakers by a margin, including Shindo Petite Latours, Audio Physic Codex,Martin Logan Expression 13L and Alumine 3s.  The quality that puts them above this formidable group?  Simpy put: how alive and natural they sound.  All of this to my ears of course.  I don't feel like they favor any genre, but I do think one of their strengths is reproducing live recordings.  They are just uncanny at this, putting you in the venue with the orchestra, jazz group, or rock band, etc.  If forced to name a weakness I would say that the quality of the bass, although always solid and robust, will vary depending on amp used.  I will be testing an external woofer soon, with and without a bypass filter.  This is just to satisfy my constant audio curiosity because I can happily live with the bass I hear using my VR L2iSE.