Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
@vinpic  If memory serves, I think you are one of the first to post ownership experience with the Nenuphar Monitors in combination with a Cube Audio Sub.

The comparative perspective coming from the standard Nenuphars is really cool and significant, as is your varied experience with some excellent amplifier pairings. I'm looking forward to the results with your inbound Valvet amp.

Thanks for sharing your setup and what's been working and preferred by you. Great information for those following this thread. - David.
vinpic
Vinnie suggested the jantzen-audio 1.0-ohm audio grade superes resistor (bought from Parts ConneXion) which I initially installed by fastening one of its wires to the positive WBT speaker posts on my L2i-SE with the other end of wire wrapped around banana plugs of positive speaker cables.   We agreed that the banana plug connection needed to be improved, so I bought two WBT terminals, the resistor wire now being screwed down securely with the banana plugs inserted into the WBT.  

At the suggestion of someone--I can't remember--I changed out the janzten audio resistors for a pair of 1RO +/-5% 10W Silver/Graphite Dueland resistors which provided the deep satisfaction of having spent more $ and improving aesthetics but to little if any noticeable improvement in SQ over the janzten resistors.  Someone else said that the top of the line Mundorf resistor would be even better but I haven't pursued that possibility.  

FWIW my L2i-SE runs Elrog 300b tubes as its DHTs.  I have been superbly happy with these, but just to scratch the phantom itch have ordered Linlai 2A3 tubes (on back order), which beat out Srajan's preferred tube in his VR L2 pre amp.  

Although the VR L2i-SE was handily my preference over the SIT-3 and SIT-1 amplifiers with my Nenuphars based on overall SQ and likeness to live music, it has the added benefit of playing better at low volumes than the two First Watters.  I'm wondering if you've noticed this too?  Maybe has to do with increased power?  Don't know enough about the chemistry of what makes a good low volume amp/speaker set up.

Thank you Stephen. I love the Elrog tubes but do most of my VR listening with the TAK300B (probably due to system tuning/preference).  Keep us posted on your Linlai experience...
The VR is amazing at driving my Lawrence Audio Double Bass or Albedo Aptica but for the Nenuphars my poison of choice is the SIT3 or the Bakoon.  Look forward to experiment with the resistors on ...
The Valvet E2se arrived last night.  It’s still in early run-in mode but it’s potential with the Nenuphars it’s clear and exciting.  Despite it’s 12W/8ohms rating it punches above its weight and features quite a stunning ‘presence’, reminding me the type of drive & authority that the likes of the Ypsilon Phaeton are capable of. More in a couple of weeks after proper run-in but I thought you’d appreciate the update.  
@vinpic Thanks for the update. Comparing it to the Ypsilon Phaeton says a lot!

Valvet’s AE4s are on my radar to explore / experience a higher watt and solid state pairing for the Nenuphars; and to serve as a ’book end’ in terms of differences from my 2A3 amps.

Looking forward to your updates as you run the E2SEs in.