Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
@debjit_g,
There’s been sufficient evidence posted here and elsewhere that people have had much success with low power amplifiers paired with the Nenuphars. However everyone must rely on their personal experiences and circumstances.

The Line Magnetic 805 SET gets consistent high praise and seems to be an excellent amplifier for many listeners. In your situation given your direct exposure with both amps, the Line Magnetic is the better choice for your room environment.

I believe that in general Jon’s advice is accurate regarding the S.I.T. 3 . You have to decide based on what you’ve heard in your home space. Stephendunn had the S.I.T. 3 but found better results with his Vinnie Rossi integrated amplifier.  Individual circumstances dictate outcomes. The OP David gets superb results using a 2a3 SET, so it just depends on numerous factors. 
Charles
@charles1dad thanks for your thoughts.

I forgot to mention earlier that I also tested a Class D IcePower 1200AS2 amp that I had laying around just to double check what I am hearing with the LM and the results are same - this amp also opened up the bass performance tremendously as did the LM over the SIT-3. The IcePower lacks the refinement and highs are rolled off which is expected of this amp but the bass slam, heft and depth was all there. This amp is 1200watts into 4Ohms. Not that the Nenuphars (or any moderately efficient) speaker would remotely need this kind of power but this was an eye opener to say the least.

I was actually planning on getting a Tektron 2A3/50/300B integrated but this whole thing has now put a wrench and now I am not sure if I will land in the same boat as the SIT-3.

As you say (and I also read from various places), that low powered amps has been quiet successful in paring with the Nenuphar but do we know their listening environment and can safely conclude that it works quiet well under all circumstances ? Maybe not. It probably shows that the listening environment might be equally important in choosing the right amp ?

@ debjit_g,
Absolutely agree that the listening room space and its acoustic character is vitally important and influential. I don’t want to speak for David (He’s eminently capable of doing so himself) . His listening space isn’t small and he has two far more powerful amplifiers in his home. He says without any doubt that the 3.5 watt 2A3 SET mono blocks are the best sounding match. But again, your situation may present key differences. David chime in😊.
Charles
@charles1dad yes, I had corresponded with David a while back and I vaguely remember he mentioned his room is large and open at the back (instead of front in my case). I am not sure if its still the case though. It would be interesting to get David's opinion.

I think he also mentioned that he has pulled out the speaker into the room quiet a bit. I do the same as I am accustomed to pulling out speakers way into the room with my Acoustic Zen Crescendo MkII and find the Nenuphars has the best balance. On the contrary Jon suggests 12-18" from the front wall but it just doesn’t work for me as the sound becomes way too aggressive. So horses for courses, I guess :-)
Yep, horses for courses indeed.  In the 6 Moons Nenuphar review I believe that Srajan Ebaen put the speakers further from the front wall for improved sound quality. 
Charles