Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
Hi Cal,
Not at all surprised you'd appreciate it. Yes, definitely a niche there for SET/low power amplifiers paired with high efficiency speakers. Also you have the more common high power solid state amplifiers/lower efficiency speaker crowd. But what's good is they don't spend time denigrating each other's choices.  Very good knowledge and  listening experiences shared on WBF.

This is a very good thread (Thankfully) but just not sure why the trolling and disrespectful discourse has become more prevalent on Audiogon. Seems to be worsening. 
Charles 
I started a thread called Cube Nenuphar’s and Mini Nenuphar’s on WBF in December 2019. Only one other posted. 
@toetapaudio,
Can’t explain that one specific example, could have been simply lack of awareness at that time. Certainly if you go through current and past threads there’s been ample discussion of similar type speakers and genre. I believe there's more exposure and awareness now.

Charles
I have a basic question powering the Nenuphars.

My listening space is very odd and not very conducive to audio. The room is a shared space, which is 14’ x 20’, with an open room configuration with high ceiling and the right side extends to another room and kitchen with total area being quiet large. However, I listen nearfield about 8.5’ from the speakers and the speakers are separated by 8’ apart.

I have been using a SIT-3 so far and find it lacks dynamics, specially is the bass region. Recently I got a chance to try a Line Magnetic 805IA (2x48W SET) and in the same room configuration, the Nenuphars came alive. All that was lacking with the SIT-3 was all fulfilled by the LM.

This makes me wonder if Nenuphars can really get along with small powered amps in not-so-small space (even with nearfield listening). I have communicated with Jon (NA Nenuphar distributor) and he thinks SIT-3 should be more than sufficient to power but my experience seems otherwise.

Any thoughts ?
@debjit_g,
There’s been sufficient evidence posted here and elsewhere that people have had much success with low power amplifiers paired with the Nenuphars. However everyone must rely on their personal experiences and circumstances.

The Line Magnetic 805 SET gets consistent high praise and seems to be an excellent amplifier for many listeners. In your situation given your direct exposure with both amps, the Line Magnetic is the better choice for your room environment.

I believe that in general Jon’s advice is accurate regarding the S.I.T. 3 . You have to decide based on what you’ve heard in your home space. Stephendunn had the S.I.T. 3 but found better results with his Vinnie Rossi integrated amplifier.  Individual circumstances dictate outcomes. The OP David gets superb results using a 2a3 SET, so it just depends on numerous factors. 
Charles