Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
I uploaded photos in the virtual system. 
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/9181

One issue I’m having is that when I turn the volume down I get a pop of distortion. I’m using a sachs preamp. I haven’t had this issue with any other speaker. It doesn’t happen every time but probably heard it 4-5 times. Mostly in the right channel but once in the left. Any thoughts?
@abd1,
they look beautiful in walnut (?) finish.

I get a pop every time I turn off/on the SIT-3. Though I haven’t discussed with Jon (Cube distributor) on this but I assumed its normal. Your issue seems a bit different. Did you try any other preamp ? Since you have the DS which has a VC, maybe try connecting directly to the amp and see if you face the same issue ?

How do you like the Canary M90 with the Cubes ?
I would describe the canary as “creamy” but with excellent detail. There’s a certain lit from within sound I’ve heard others describe but didn’t understand until I heard this amp. Voices are the best I’ve heard. Might be a touch polite but speakers are also new and need breaking in. The other speakers I used were 85db stand mounts while I was waiting for the Cubes so not a perfect match to judge but the Canary still sounded great with those. 
My room sucks with one speaker in a corner and the other open but the sound is centered. The cubes like being pushed back more then other speakers I’ve had and no toe in. I get better results pushing the speaker close to the side wall. Maybe better getting an early reflection point. Who knows, but the stage shrinks if I move it off the wall. When my wife and I both listen for extended time I move the open side speaker about 20” further out and the stage is lifelike in scale. We’re house hunting and I’m really hoping to get a better listening space whenever we find something. 
@abd1 Thanks for posting the photos of the Walnut Nenuphar Minis and your room setup. The finish you chose looks terrific. I love walnut furniture and the grain and details of your speakers are gorgeous and matched!!! It’s good (for me) to know Cube Audio has ’delivered’ on a wood veneer should I choose to go that route in the future with one of their other speaker offerings.

On another note, I accept the results you are sharing based on the setup and the restrictions due to your current room, however, my experience is conflicted over the positioning of the speakers and your room.

For me, those first reflections are critical and are best balanced (three dimensionally). The left speaker being so close to the wall and in the corner and up against a window versus the right speaker being completely open to open space to the right of it would, in my experience, lead to a significant imbalance.

It’s not clear from the photos where / how far your seating position is? Do you prefer listening near field or do you prefer listening with greater room involvement / contribution?

If you are open to a suggestion and are interested in trying it out, let me know?

For reference, your system photos>>>   

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/9181
@david_ten I'm always open to suggestions but since this area is part of our main living room I have to balance the WAF in regards to placement. I'm also having a new cabinet built that will be about 3-4" wider than the current one. The listening spot is about 9-10' from the speakers. The sofa backs up to a 1/2wall that's part of a stairwell that goes downstairs. So there's not a full rear wall until about 6-8' behind the listening area. I'll take a better picture of the entire space this weekend.