Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
Thanks guys. I guess my real question is, Why the max of 40? Does too much power damage the speakers? Tektons are quite sensitive as well, but I know people who are using high-power ss on them without damage. Anyway, thanks.
Agree with David. It will definitely "work" with the Nenuphar. There’s certainly the possibility that it may do more than merely work and sound good as a pairing. The point is the Coda Technologies # 8 is designed as a high current capable amplifier that doubles its wattage when speaker impedance in halved from  8 to 4 ohms. These kinds of amplifiers usually are low output impedance designs with generous levels of NFB.

It uses 20 transistors per channel to accomplish this. The Nenuphar was designed for a very different type of amplifier topology and circuits. You just never know how these pairings may actually sound. So the obvious key is listening to this match and make a determination.
Best of luck coot,
Charles
Charles,
Thanks for chipping in. I’ll look elsewhere for speaker heaven.
In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy my Ohm 5000s.
- Al
Hi to all from Germany!

Just finished the compete Thread. Wow, what a read! Thanks to all for the shared experiences, information's and for the very friendly and respectful conversation.

I'am very new to the hobby, two years, but badly infected with the hifi bug.

I made quite a journey in that short period of time. I'll never thought this would be possible when I started.

My first setup was a new Vincent SV237 MKII paired with a demo Q Acoustics Concept 500. Just used the internal DAC and a Tidal subscription, nothing more. 

I found then a local dealer, since I had tones of fun and I was getting more and more involved and interested. He has brands like Aries Cerat, Jadis, Grandinote, Cube Audio, Viva Audio and so on. I was visiting a couple of  listening events and was instantly hooked.

Today my setup is a Viva Audio Solistino, SOTM Switch with it's power supply, 432evo aeon, Audio Analogue AADAC, the Q Acoustics along with Audioplan Finefilter, PowerStar, 2 PowerPlants and two PSI Audio AVAA's

As a loaner from the mentioned dealer I have since 5 days the Nenuphar in use. I always have been amazed by it at the listening events. I was really happy to find out that they sound equally well in my living room, which has received, right from the beginning, constantly room treatment. 

The lift in emotions, feelings and engagement that the Nenuphar delivers is truly special. The hole week I was happy to come home from work, just to spend the night in front of my stereo. 

Needles to say that I am happily keeping them.

Sorry for all the writing, just got carried away. ;-)

Cheers!

Hi greenhorn20, 
Congratulations on acquiring the Nenuphars and thanks for sharing your very happy outcome with us here. I have no doubt at all that the Viva Solistino and Nenuphars sound positively Devine. Your have made some excellent purchasing decisions. I can certainly imagine the emotionally engaging music listening experience is fantastic. 
Charles