Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
I live just outside San Antonio Texas.
I actually have a new friend in Victoria who wants to come up.
He has friend in Houston that has a Kondo Kagura based system.
I hope to experience that someday. 

I have met a few local audiophiles through classified ads, and I did sell a pair of Triangle floorstanders to a neighbor. He drives them with his Sony receiver and is quite happy. He felt no need to upgrade anything else.
I would like to add my two cents to the discussion about amp compatibility, specifically regarding damping factor, with the Nenuphars.  To recap: I've had extended auditions with three amps: the LTA Ultralinear, The First Watt SIT-3 and the First Watt SIT-1.  I settled on the SIT-1 for its overall superiority--not just one thing it did better than the rest.  However, one area in which the SIT-1 excelled that I believe might be related to damping factor is scale.  As mrubey and others have commented, the Nenuphars are capable of creating the scale of much larger speakers.  But not only does the SIT-1 bring a noticeably increased sense of largeness through a sound stage that opens more in every direction, but it increases immediacy and involvement when playing at low volumes.  I found this to be even more important than increasing the largeness of scale since I'm an early riser and play at relatively low volumes for several hours before others wake.  Does this have something to do with damping factor?  I don't know, but Charles and some of the other more technically astute posters might.  Although all the amps I've mentioned have relatively low damping factors, the SIT-1's factor is 2 which is the lowest by a significant margin.   

Steve,

Cube Audio's Grezegorz made it clear to Srajan Ebaen that the voice coil excursion and the phenoic spider of the Nenuphar are very well controlled by the magnetic field provided by the very powerful neodymium magnets (81 total). He also mentioned the importance of the driver’s carefully determined geometry and level of cone/whizzer stiffness employed. Grzegorz clearly intended for the Nenuphar to pair in excellent fashion with low DF amplifiers.

It seems this speaker will also sound quite good with amps of higher (to a point) DF but will most probably display their ultimate performance with the targeted low DF amplifiers. Your listening impressions do seem to bear that out.

Charles