Thanks for your feedback, David.
Once things have settled in, I'm going to audition the Sablon speaker cables, the Synergistic Research Foundations (a relatively new cable getting some good buzz) and one other, depending on what I can get either through Cable Company or with a decent return policy. I'll research Scott Sheaffer's cables but the Allnics I believe are out of my price range.
And thanks Charles for your encouragement.
Just FYI, these are the boxes I wanted to check during my new speaker search (started a couple of years ago) that lead me to the Nenuphars:
1. high efficiency to work with lower powered SET "type" tube or ss amps
2. relatively small size and not too finicky about room placement
3. will sing at low volume levels
4. suitable for standard near field listening
5. accurate base down to 28HZ +/- 3db
6. holographic sound staging
7. tonally rich but accurate tone without unnatural warmth or roundness
8. priced under $12K
The Nenuphars miss slightly on items 5 and 8, but I was surprised how few speakers came that close, i. e. none. The NSMT Model 100 (reviewed by Terry London for 6Moons) were the closest runner up, but the manufacturer recommended at least 50 watts per channel (despite being 91db efficient) and they had a separately amped bass driver which I've always been wary of seamlessly integrating. I'm sure I missed some other possibilities out there but also sure the Nenuphars will fit the bill!