CSNY Live 1974

In the never ending pursuit of new tunes, I was pleased to read about a 4 cd/dvd box set scheduled for release in July from CSNY. It captures 40 unreleased songs from their 1974 tour- 2 electric discs and 1 acoustic. Graham Nash produced and said that it took him four years to get everyone to agree on the songs and to meet Neil's demanding sound quality standards. Not to mention that it was early enough in their careers that they could all really sing.
maxnewid

Showing 1 response by martykl

The last time I saw Fleetwood Mac, I believe that they demonstrated a neat trick to address this issue. Every time Stevie Nicks had to go to her highest registers, two "sound alike" back up singers joined in. They were subtle enough in the mix enough to preserve her timbre and the illusion that it was Nicks, but audible enough to convey the note.

I was impressed: The songs worked despite the natural decline in her voice and showed that a creative work-around can help diminish (tho not completely eliminate) this essentially inevitable problem.