Crushed 3009 type 2 improved

First things first . I want to thank Audiogon and those who have responed to earlier , but non related questions . While working on the back portion of my plinth ( from the front ) my expanding stomach sort of "crushed" my SME 3009 type 2 improved . Long story short , things that were tight and ridged , no longer are . I now have a a couple of significant wobbles at a couple of different places . At the very least , I think I've trashed a bearing . It still "sort of" works and sounds so - so , but damage HAS BEEN DONE ! To the point -- Doe's anyone out there know a person or place that can repair / restore this specific arm . I'm prepaired to travel inasmuch I fear both the shipping process and my skills to even remove it . As an aside , the arm and table ( TD-124 ) are sort of like my children . I found them at a thrift store about ten years ago . They were just being placed on the counter as I was entering the door . The speed of light was equaled , if not broken ! My baby is sick and needs help . Can anyone assist ? Thanks . frankthecat0
128x128frankthecat0

Showing 1 response by mcfarland

Yes1 It's a place in Canada, I have the address on my office PC. He advertises SME parts and repair right here on the gon. If you can't find it I'll get it for you on Monday.