Crossover capacitor voltage ratings....

Hello,   I recently started to replace my +20 year old electrolytic capacitors in my PSB Gold i's and have hit a snag.  There are four 100uf 100v bi polar electrolytic caps in each crossover that need replacing.  I found three prospective companies with "audio quality" caps that I may go with for the job.

*Audio Note Kaisei 100uf 100dcv*   or    *Elna RBD 100dcv*   or   *Mundorf (raw) ecap 100uf 100dcv*

Question is....the new caps I just listed all have a voltage ratings as "100dcv".   I assume that this refers to DC current.  So, would the "100dcv" ratings be good-to-go in the crossover where the current capacitor are rated simply as "100v"??  See the issue?  Or should I seek out a voltage on the new cap which is slightly higher?  Or even rated as "100acv"?  If that's the case the pickin's get slim indeed...    Wheeew...

Note:  if any opinions on the above capacitor's sound please chime in!!                Jon
chills

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

An interesting article, which includes a treatise on  amplifier voltages and output power ratings, keeping in mind that your crossovers may often be facing your amplifier’s peak output voltages(or, possibly, clipped signals) on louder music passages. That’s IF you represent the average music listener: (http://www.rocketroberts.com/techart/powerart_a.htm