Crosley should be arrested for selling junk

Just got a handful of records from a woman that sound incredible except they are destroyed by a junk Crosley her family bought her. (Inc. Decca Sammy Davis Jr. Porgy and Bess, Capitol Frank Sinatra etc.)

128x128noromance
I find that good used records from decades ago (60’s 70’s 80’s 90’s) are much better sounding than almost all newly released records. And the fact that a lot of people are buying up these great sounding records and then taking them home and playing (wasting) them on a CROSLEY or some other POS system disappoints me. Young people today do not like spending very much money for music reproduction nor do they want to commit a whole room in their house/apartment, everything has to be small now... On the other hand why are there so many $35 new records? Are these same people buying a $35 record and playing it on a $50 turntable....or even a $300 turntable? So you see this loop? Buy a budget turntable buy these new records and know one ever knows how awful most new vinyl sounds because all of these systems will not show you and sound horrible. Buy a good sounding TT with a proper cartridge and tonearm $1000, budget integrated amp or receiver $1000, good sounding bookshelf speakers $500-$2000, add in cables and stands and were at around $3000 for a good budget system. (worthy of a vinyl record that is) a friend of my daughters wanted me to look at her Crosley saying "it wasnt playing to the end of the record". TIP...at least put the thing on a level surface.....just shoot me!
@cleeds

Oh no, not at all. Good LP playback requires a proper turntable, and a proper pickup arm, and a proper phono cartridge, and a proper phono preamp. They must each be suited to the others, and they must all be properly setup.

Are you talking about cheap portable Crosley turntables? If something wrong with the records it’s about the cartridge, not about the rest of the sh***t on those plastic tuirntables. If your records are destroyed then she played them on completely worn needle.

For me it’s still hard to imagine destroyed old records, just because someone played them on old and cheap turntables, good sellers have grading system for each record. And most of the old vinyl have been played for 40 years on average turntables with average cartridges and tonearms. Sellers and normal people are not audiophiles! Those vintage records are still amazing sounding today on our proper setup even if the condition is VG+ or higher. Poeple who cares too much about clicks on vinyl should really go digital.

I don’t mind to spend $100+ on rare original vinyl, but when reissue cost $50 new i will pass on it! Especially if the original first pressing of the same records available for $10

If the records are years old how can it be known if it was this turntable that damaged them?