Creek 5350SE vs Rega Mira 3

I know this is all subjective, but. I'm looking to replace the system I just left my ex. I'm looking at somthing like the Rega Mira 3, either the Saturn or Apollo, a TT, and maybe some ProAc stand monitors. I like the idea the Rega has a phono input in it already. How does the Creek compare?

Maybe it would be easier to ask what can I get for under 9K? I say 9K because if I say 10K, it will be 9.9K... Smallish room, looking for CDP, TT, maybe a tuner, and 2 smallish but good speakers.
128x12804rdking

Showing 10 responses by 04rdking

Thanks for all the replies. I'm looking at a used Creek 5350SE here on AG. The seller is in the same area, so I'm going to try to check it out in person. I could pair that with either a CD50 MKii or a Rega. Add a Rega P5 and a tuner. Speakers......Hmmmm.... That's where it gets tricky, and very subjective...
Please do. I was thinking the Audio Research V55 integrated at one time, but I'm also limited on physical space. So, by the time I did a phono stage, CDP, TT, Tuner and the speakers, I'd be out on the patio......... Basically anything will be better than what I'm listening to now, jam box. Plus, the system I am replacing consisted of a modded Hafler, NAD CDP, and Thiel CS1.5's.
Well, that sounds good. Only one prob....... No TV here.... Don't miss it either, not planning on replacing it anytime. Funny, I have no prob dropping 5 - 10K on audio, but 2K on a TV????? Never.....
One thing that bothers me about the Creek. The idea of seperate PCB's for the pre-amp, amp, etc. is great. The use of "computer" grade flat ribbon cables to interconnect them is where the problem lies. 1's and 0's aren't the same as analog audio signals....

I'm a circuit board designer.... have been for over 20 years...
OK, here's another one to throw in. What about either of the Primare integrated's?
Art,
May have to find a dealer and give them a try. Sounds like what I'm looking for.

Thanks
Well, that's just it. Not sure if I do like the British sound. I'm trying to get ideas from here. Haven't been out to audition anything yet. One of the local dealers carries, Naim, Rega, Linn, ARC, Rotel and a few others I can't remember. Haven't been able to locate a Creek or Primare dealer locally... I'm in the Dallas area if anyone knows of any.
Knownothing,
The dealer here in Dallas also carries Primaluna. I need to go listen to things.
Thank's for all the information. I have decided to go with the Primaluna Prologue two. Picked one up here, just waiting for delivery. Now, the search for the rest of the "stuff".......lol