Creek 5350 SE vs YBA YA 201

My current bedroom system consists of a Creek 5350 SE Integrated amp, NHT Classic Three speakers and an Oppo BDP 83 Special Universal Disk Player. ALL of my wiring (speaker, interconnects, power) are SignalCables’ best. I use the system for both 2 channel music and DVD video.

My dilemma is the amplifier. It has served me well for many years but has been experiencing channel dropout for the last year. I questioned the forum on this topic before and got excellent responses. I was able to cure the problem for awhile by cleaning the ribbon cable and the motorized selector pot. It has since gotten worse (all the time). I’ve identified the problem as the motorized input selector pot. I purchased a new one from Creek in the UK but it’s beyond my capability to install it which takes me to my question.

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare the YBA YA201 to the Creek 5350 SE. I would consider the YBA if it were equal to or an improvement to the Creek.

I’m not sure if I want to keep the Creek going by sending it to Roy Hall for repair or try something newer. I'd love to have the new Creek Destiny but don't have the funds.

REL48
rel2

Showing 2 responses by tgrisham

What would it cost in money and time to fix the Creek? You like the sound, it is currently unsellable, and you take a chance on any other amp. I certainly love mine.
Rel2, I think your choice was correct, even more so because you will now pick up your Martin. There was a thread about musical instruments in the room where the stereo is played and how this may cause problems with the sound. I say, music is music, and if you make your own, that's even better. Have fun! I have marked this thread just in case my Creek ever needs work. Thanks for the information.