Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
slaw, you know it's funny how when "Oops" is taken out of Britney's hands and put in Richard's, you can hear how good a song it actually is.
For me Shout by Otis Day and the Knights (Lloyd Williams) is one of the greatest covers of all time. The original Isley Brothers version is really good. Our local oldies station plays it all the time. But the Animal House version just adds so much to it that I have a hard time hearing it any other way.

I'll admit, the Animal House version has all the associated coolness of the movie associated with it including the impeccable placement of the song within the movie. 
Cream - Crossroads
Aerosmith - Train Kept A Rolling
Voivod - Astronomy Domine
Zep - You Shook Me
Jeff Buckley - Halleluja
Tiamat - Sympathy For The Devil 

Wild Thing, of course everybody knows The Troggs, but I was fortunate to live up in Chicago in the '70s where they played the much lesser known but better cover by Fancy.

Son Of A Preacher Man covered by Joss Stone is better than the original too, in my opinion.