Cost no object tonearm for DL-103

I know the concept sounds silly to spend top dollars for a tonearm to use with 103, I am just looking for a high quality tonearm to use with cartridges like the Denon, EMT and the likes. I have tried the vintage SME 3012 but it lacked resolution for my taste. My question is, should I look at vintage tonearms like the Fidelity Research FR-64S, EMT 997 etc or are there are modern tonearms that would do better justice to these cartridges ?
pani

Showing 3 responses by clio09

Raul, it is because of the MM/MI thread that I have this arsenal. Except for the B&O which I purchased new nearly 20 years ago, the others were purchased based on recommendations in that thread. I will make a note to post back over there with my experiences.

Thanks for starting that thread.
FWIW I use a Denon DA-307 with my DL-103D. I would not say it is cost no object but it is a great match, especially with the PCL-5 head shell.
Banquo, yes that would be the Denon DP-3000 as totally refurbished by Masa Tsuda at Concert Fidelity. It's an all Denon set up. As an alternative I use a Denon DA-401 with either Grace F9, B&O MMC-2, or Sumiko Talisman Alchemist III-S.