Correct belt size for Thorens TD 125 MK II

I need to purchase a new belt for my TD 125 MK II. It's in a repair shop right now, so I can't look at my old belt - it may have stretched, in any case, so I don't know if I could trust the measurement.

There are a few on-line sources for this, and most don't mention size, but two websites do, and they don't "agree" on size. Here are the two sizes I see:

So, just as having two clocks makes it harder to know the exact time, I find myself wondering how to be sure I will get the right belt. One of these retailers has it wrong.

I could try asking all the retailers, but I hope someone here can help me first. I looked trough the manual and service manual pages that I got off the Internet, but there is no mention of belt size there.

Hope someone can help!

-gritingrooves
gritingrooves

Showing 3 responses by dekay

My well used belts measure in the 21.3"-21.4" range.

Try new flat belts (.2" wide X .025" thick) in the 20.0" 20.7" range.
I meant .2" which per my memory would be around 5 millemeters and/or .5 centimeters, please double check this.

I did a lazy "outside" measurement of the used belts (my bad), so take away a bit (the measurements S/B IC based).

This said, 21.2" would slip upon startup with minimul use, IMO.

Considering that your deck has already experienced stress/wear (pully replacement) I'll suggest you go with the upper range belt length mentioned (20.7").

I'll probably do the same the next time I purchase belts, even though the deck has low hours (considering its age of course).
The two belts measured are generic, but I don't recall the online vendor as they were purchased years ago.

I just did a WWW seach and see what you are up against (19.6" - 21.2" IC range).

I've used slightly wider belts in the past and though they cleared/played fine they dulled the sound a bit compared to the .2" version.

You received a reply @ the Thorens Forum, but I do not understand what the measurements/specs pertain to, even though I translated the page to English.

If you figure it out please post @ the Thorens Forum (just registered there and was not aware of it before).