Cornwall IV – tube (amp) choice

I recently bought the Cornwall IVs and even while running with my old and small Rotel amp they make me pretty happy. But having listened to them plugged to a tube amp in the shop this will be the next investment. And with no proper shop around where I can compare different models and different tube types I´m depending on other people´s experiences. I know that once I have any amp here tube rolling will be the next thing to try but for now I´d like to know if someone can tell me something about different tube types or amps that work well with the Cornwall IVs (or similar sounding speakers).

Of course I´m looking for the warmth that the current amp does not provide. Also it seems that the highs are a bit too pronounced, so I´m willing to trade some of those in if it means gaining more low-mids and lows. Having said that, I´m not looking for boom, just a little more cozyness.

Some tube amps I came across:

lab12 integr4 (KT150)
Primaluna evo 300 (EL34 – I´m a bit afraid of the evo 400, 8 power tubes are a bit intimidating when it comes to rolling or exchanging broken tubes)
Willsenton R800i (300B / 805)

My desired price range is up to $3.000 but well, the primaluna are already above that limit.
As you can see I´m not afraid of chinese brands. I´m living in Europe and dependend on what´s available here.

chmaiwald

That little Luxman is such a great amp!!!!    I have heard it with Cornwall IV and Forte III.     I was with a buddy who is not into audio and he was blown away that 10 watts could sound that good.   It is a huge value for the money 

I have a Jolida that uses EL34 tubes and think it’d match up real well with CWIVs but I’ve been holding out for a set of LaScalas. 

You bought ultra efficient speakers, now take advantage of them by using an SET amp. These multiple output tube amps suck the magic right out of the music with complexity in the circuit. Listen to Decware amps and make the proper decision. 

Have someone build you an Elekit TU-8600 (with Lundahl transformers). Best money you'll ever spend.