Core Power Technologies

Does anyone know, is Core Power Technologies still around? I was considering purchasing (2) Ec1200’s but don’t want to be in a holding pattern for the next year. Are they or (Mark) still in existence? What’s the lowdown or suggestion of comparable item.
128x128luvrockin
@modwright I very much like my 300 and 1800 and have had no issues with them.
I was an original beta tester for the original Deep Cores and did not pay a cent for it. I posted about my experiences extensively in the removed thread.
If you want to know the truth and not poppycock about the Deep Core that I tested please contact me. Yes I know, I talked to the designer also and I don’t believe you were given the entire set of facts!
BTW; I don't know if you remember me but you highly modified a pair of Swan M-1 Signature Speakers for me back in 2003.
Best regards...
I have more information about the Deep Core.  There were two initial version released in Beta form and problems were found in both. A third version has been built, tested and proven to work and test well by the contract mfr. that did the initial builds.  Apparently a couple of errors were found and corrected from the initial design. I do not know what there is in inventory as far as production goes, nor do I know the time frame going forward. I personally would not ship this product without thorough vetting of my own.

Thank you for the feedback RE the Balanced Power units, 300, 1200, 1800, etc. It confirms my confidence in this line of products as quite solid and the reviews certainly support this.

Dan Wright

Dan,

Like Uberwaltz above I am very happy with my 1800 I purchased directly from Mark. It is one of the best upgrades I have added to my system. You are taking over a wonderful product.

While I have never owned any of your gear I know you have a stellar reputation and have heard your fine sounding equipment in other systems. It is reassuring this exemplary product is in good hands.

Congratulations on purchasing Core Power Technologies!

Welcome to the forums Dan!

Very happy Modwright Oppo 205 and CPT 1800 owner here.
You should speak to both Lak and Ozzy as they both Beta tested the Deep Core and reported their findings which differed greatly from another Beta tester and acquaintance of Mark.

From what I read in both Ozzy's and Lak's experience and posts, there seemed to be no observable improvement in sound quality using Deep Core in their systems.

Although I am quite happy with the performance of my 1800, although there seems to be quite a few posters here who have paid for both undelivered Equicores and Deep Cores.

All, My communications from both respective parties is that CPT needs to sort out its current orders/refunds/debts. It then may be a possibility that  ModWright may assume CPT.

I stress, that all current issues with CPT need to be clarified. As far as products are concerned, the Super Stroke and EQUI=CORE will be available, but not while Deep Core is going through proofing. DC is going to be a viable product and it's design will give all competitors a good run. As usual, there will be a wait until full production is available. A.