Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128jcarcopo
sid-hoff-frenchman,
You have some fun (As well as insightful) times ahead of you given the numerous component matching/switching comparisons available to you. I believe that each separate combo is going to sound good yet notably different.

Good thing is that you really enjoy what you currently have in your system. Very curious to see what degree of change you’ll hear between the Freya and Don Sachs preamplifier when swapped. No doubt that the KT 88 amplifier when inserted is going to make its presence felt.

The Encores IMO are capable of easily revealing any differences amongst all of the component swapping that lies ahead. I think this will prove to be an exciting and fruitful endeavor for you.
Charles
I had an order of Moabs is going for over three months, I came into some extra money and I decided to upgrade to a pair of encores. Wow, when you build a great product and great price the waiting list grows considerably. I’m hoping they will be my forever speakers, that is unless I move into a retirement home which the apartments are small.  I am upgrading from a pair of Thiel 2.3’s after 23 years  
@protoss71 Congrats on getting Encores. You will love them! I waited about 6 months for mine, but I knew that going in it was going to take a long time since it was a new model. Let us know when you get them how you like them. 
Thanks jcarcopo! Just a week after I upgraded, Tammy called to tell me the order is ready! They will be shipped today! I can’t wait! I had the money for a pair of Ulfberhts, but no way would my small room need a pair of those. The Encores are probably too big for my 17x12 room. I saw in a previous post by you, that you are concerned about the lifespan of your 300bxls’s. I have read that some are getting 40,000 hours out of their EML 300bxls’s! If my math is correct, 40,000 hours at 5 hours per day = 21 years!  Making the $900 possibly worth it. I had a pair of Sophia 300b carbons seemingly not last very long at all. I use my Woo Audio WA5 only for headphone duty (that is until I get my Encores).