Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128jcarcopo
@freesole I use a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 and a 10wpc SET 300b amplifier with reasonably good results with the Encores so I'm sure you will be very happy with 48wpc driving them due to the Encores fairly high sensitivity.  You can order them with grills, though I will warn you that you may be waiting a longer lead time to actually get the grills as others have suggested regarding other models they've ordered with grills. 

I've got the upgrade bug, but I wonder if this speaker will be better than what I already have? I have a pair of Legacy Focus which was a highly regarded speaker when I bought it. The driver compliment is: 3...12" woofers, 2...6.5" kevlar mid-woofers, 1...1" soft dome tweeter and 1...4" ribbon tweeter. They are fairly large at 55" tall and weigh about 175 lbs each.

They are now 20 years old and still sound wonderfully transparent along with strong tight bass. However, I wonder if the Encore could offer even more transparency and equal bass power? 

My listening room is in the basement with a concrete floor and measures 20'x20' with a ceiling height of 6' 6". 
@iwasgointo, I owned Legacy Focus 20/20s for a while, very good speaker. I'm not sure the Encore can give you more bass impact but they might go lower? With 14 tweeters crossing over at 300Hz I think you'll get more midrange and vocal detail and transparency vs the Focus. They both play loud w/o strain, but the Encores might be even more dynamically alive than the Focus. The Encores are more efficient allowing for more choices in low powered tube or SS amps. Why not call Eric and see if he has experience with Focus speakers, he could give you some valuable insight?
@iwasgointo Maybe you need the Ulfberhts? They feature dual 12" woofers vs the dual 11" woofers in the Encores, al beit it's a much taller, wider, and more expensive speaker.  I prefer the more slender and slightly less tall asthetics of the Encores in my room and find the bass to be very sastisfying. I agree the major gain to be had with the Encores is the MTM Array handling from 300hz to 20khz which makes them very beautiful, coherant, transparent, and electro-static like in the midrange and highs which are also very smooth and not harsh or bright at all. 
Any updates on Encores/Lyngdorf/Tube amps after further breaking-in and deep-listening sessions? ***heavy breathing***:)