Considering Gryphon Diablo 300 "OR" Simaudio 700iv2 ???

Hi everyone,

I am considering one of the two integrated amplifier's now as I am downsizing. Different residence.
The Gryphon Diablo 300 or the Simaudio 700iv2? Unfortunately I can not audition either in my area. So I am going at this blind. Pretty much from reviews.

I am downsizing from a beautiful McIntosh system that just sang.....A  C500t tube two piece pre-amp with Mc501 mono blocks, powering my PMC IB2i speakers. Connected to a Torus power RM20, and my digital front end is a
Linn Klimax Ds.

I am keeping the PMC IB2i speakers, the Torus power, and the the Linn Klimax. Although I may consider selling my Klimax Ds to get the Simaudio 780d dac if I go the Simaudio route. I could update the Klimax to the latest spec too, but that's another topic.....

I did audition the Ma9000 integrated amp, and it did not grab me sound wise. So I feel it is out.
I did get to audition some Simaudio separates, that sounded very very good...

So that's where I am at.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

xsparky
Post removed 
Really p59teitel,

Do you drive 10 different sports cars on 10 different days over a two week period on different roads, times of days and make a conclusion.

Or

Do you get all ten cars, drive them one lap at the track on the same day under the same conditions before you proclaim this one is the fastest with the best handling?

Love Car and Driver that is how they test a performance car under the exact same conditions, any other way you are going by memory of under specious testing procedures.

The only way to test a piece of gear is under the exact same conditions, same loudspeaker, source, cabling, same room, same time frame.

For this reason the Stereophile recommend Component issue is a joke, do you honestly think that Stereophile has ever has all the Class A amplifiers in the same room at the same time? Or digital or loudspeakers?

Do you honestly think that a pair of Wilson Chronosonic or a pair of Tidal Sunrays, or top Kharmas is not going to be Class A++++? Do you honestly think that most of the products that are Class A are really the best that exist?
He posted back in March on another thread that he’d ordered the Gryphon.  Fortunately for him he now not only doesn’t have to read ads about other brands he never asked about, but his wise choice was confirmed by Humberto, George and Mike, LOL
Wow Audiotroy... Your statement is also fascinating, but not factual :) I may be new to this forum but surely not new to audio. 

I think except ma8000 every other amplifier I mentioned was audutioned in the same room with my white fact 12 speakers or with fact 12 provided by a dealer. You can see this on the yt video below. Bold guy is me :) amifiers are all over the room.

I also audutioned many of them in different places with different cd Player and cables. Therefore, I think based on this I can easilly judge what is better and what worse. Of course for me. 

Regarding some amplification being in a different league... Only Tucana, sugden and luxman l509x were considerably cheaper. I had Tucana 2 in my home system for 2-3 years therefore I made comparison and it was my starting point. 
Luxnan m900 pre plus power £22,000 with c700 £17,000
BRYSTON 7bsst2 plus pre approx £15,00.
Ayre Ax5 £14,800 (not like you said $5000 cheaper) 
T+A 3100 £14,800
Diablo 300 £13,600
Avid £13,000
Mark levinson 585 £12,000
McIntosh ma8000 was £11,000, ma9000 £12,600
BRYSTON 4b3 plus pre approx £10,000
Nu Vista 800 £8,800, but in Poland £11,000! 
Luxman l509x £8,500
Sugden ia4 £5000
Tucana 2 anniversary £5000

Therefore, out of 7 amplifiers we went down to 3... I think you should take into the account different prices in different cuntries before you make a statement, because pricewise gryphon was in the middle of the group I auditioned.

I don't understandard your way of thinking when saying vitus is in a different league than Mark levinson or ayre. Actualy ML and especially ayre are more expensive than Vitus here so they may not be in the same league sonically, but pricewise the same. 

Thanks 

https://youtu.be/fVR0Gkjim18